OPERATE A LIGHT VEHICLE
Course Price: $295.00
Units of Competency:
RIIVEH201D Operate Light Vehicle
Duration: 1 day
Location: Flexible. Boomerang Training Solutions is able to come to you for these courses.
Class Sizes: Each vehicle can share up to 2 students per vehicle
A light vehicle is classified as a vehicle under 4.5 tonnes and includes a vehicle equipped to transport up to 12 people. Four wheel drive sedans, family cars, station wagons, utes (2 & 4 wheel drive), vans and mini-buses all fall into this category.
Mining and resource industry employers are now more than ever placing a heavy emphasis on being safety-compliant when employees are driving a light vehicle off-road or within a mining environment.
This unit covers the operation of a light vehicle in the mining, resources (oil and gas) and infrastructure industries.
What Will I Learn?
Students will attain the practical application and understanding of defensive driving techniques and will be able to:
- Plan and prepare for vehicle operatinos
- Understand defensive techniques
- Identify, address and report potential hazards and risks
- Select and wear appropriate PPE
- Carry out pre-start, start-up, park-up and shutdown procedures
- Operate the vehicle and associated equipment
- Conduct Inspection and perform maintenance
- Perform wheel change
1. Current C Class drivers licence
2. Have a current white card
Face-to-face delivery only.
All students who are competent in RIIVEH201D Operate Light Vehicles will recieve a nationally recognised Statement of Attainment